[Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Printable Version
+- Sleepy Studios (http://sleepystudios.com)
+-- Forum: Crawle (/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 (/showthread.php?tid=517)
Pages: 1 2
[Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Sekaru - 12-08-2012 01:08 AM
This one is a bit rushed and has A LOT of new additions so there's a high potential for bugs. I've tested it pretty thoroughly but we'll see, as always (damn you Krisater).
A brand new dungeon system! Dungeons are now room based and you will have to travel by portal to each room. Dungeon monsters now also drop golden keys instead of pots and chests.
Fishing rods can now be crafted. To do this, simply carve a stick (using right-click -> Carve Stick) whilst having a knife-type weapon in your inventory and then simply attach Sinew to it (again, using right-click).
The game is also about 63.8% harder. Your stats regen much slower and stats deteriorate much faster.
Nightly 7 will not come out in 2 days unfortunately. This is because I want to do quite a lot of things in it. There are many engine issues that I'm only picking up on now and I'd like to take my time in fixing them, plus I'd like to add something else pretty special so the nightly will come out a bit later than usual.
- Fixed broken textures.
- Fixed the dungeon portal not being aligned.
- The game now properly starts maximised if it should.
- Fixed all the stats.
- Fixed some range issues.
- Dungeons are now room based.
- Removed keys from chests and pots - added different things instead.
- Dungeon monsters now drop gold keys (30% chance).
- Added cracks, twigs and pebbles.
- Portals for room-hopping in dungeons.
- Increased the stat take chance and decrease the stat regen chance for all stats.
- Added a suicide key, K.
- You can now carve logs! (Right-click on the log with a knife-like tool in your inventory).
- You can now make fishing rods (Attach sinew to a stick).
- Added new items to the villagers' tradeable items.
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - krisater - 12-08-2012 03:47 AM
1. Can't put anything up for trade.
2. (Anomaly) Crude Tool must be unequipped and in your inventory in order to carve logs into sticks.
3. (Anomaly) Untied Tool cannot pluck feathers when flint can.
4. Got a disease (not sure if disease but I alt+tabbed and found my game in a green screen so I'm guessing it's a disease that I've caught while AFK) and now all the shadows are gone. EDIT: They randomly came back after walking around for about 2 minutes.
5. An animal corpse that I left behind and came back to turned into a person corpse... creepy.
6. Killed a bear, took out the bones but instead got a raw chicken... SCAMMED.
7. Taking off meat before bone will disable you from taking the bone whereas if you take the bone out first, you're still able to take the meat.
8. Getting standard logs from dead trees.
9 (Anomaly) After hitting a mob once the HP bar stays up forever.
Note: 1. One of my NPCs are either stuck IN FRONT of a tree (I know, weird) or doesn't move. 2. Bears are INCREDIBLY hard to kill without having to die multiple times. 3. Bears can one shot you? I'm guessing I got unlucky and got owned in the head.
Suggestion: 1. Chopping down trees have random chance of branches. 2. Help key "T" and other hotkeys showed in the beginning tutorial notes.
Question: 1 How exactly are dungeons found? 2. How does fishing work, do you have a chance to get fish every time you click or what? 3. Is Crude Tool and the fishing rod considered weapons, do they do extra damage on mobs? 4. I'm assuming fishing requires fishing bait, am I wrong? 5. Is there a way to like speed hacks, I need a faster way of exploring to find bugs more efficiently. 6. Where does the Merchant spawn, I got a notification saying he/she has arrived?
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Sekaru - 12-08-2012 04:19 AM
4) I still haven't balanced the rates.
6) Wow xD.
8) Blame the lazy pixel artists.
1) Probs stuck.
2) I noticed that too, I got one shotted in Easy difficulty, I'll put that down a bit.
4) Okay so they're holes on the ground that you'll find around the world. When you find one get in range and put down a ladder by clicking on the hole.
5) Basically once you've made a rod you go out to a body of water and you stand near it and click somewhere close to the edge where you're standing. Whilst you have bait you will have a chance to catch fish. It's a continuous thing unless you move away.
6) Crude Tools will be a weapon I think but it will break after one hit because it's so fragile. But you will be able to make Crude Spears.
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - krisater - 12-08-2012 04:26 AM
For the disease thing I'm talking about the missing shadows. Every time I catch a disease all of my shadows are gone (tree shadows, house shadows, etc.). It takes a while before they randomly reappear.
(12-08-2012 04:19 AM)Sekaru Wrote: 4) Okay so they're holes on the ground that you'll find around the world. When you find one get in range and put down a ladder by clicking on the hole.
I figured that but then I thought I was supposed to craft a rope for that.
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Sekaru - 12-08-2012 04:28 AM
Are you sure it wasn't night time and they disappeared because they were supposed to?
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - krisater - 12-08-2012 04:30 AM
(12-08-2012 04:28 AM)Sekaru Wrote: Are you sure it wasn't night time and they disappeared because they were supposed to?
Yes, I'm sure. I was walking around and right when I caught a disease all of my shadows disappeared.
I've also noticed while searching throughout my world that chickens spawn everywhere whereas bears and rabbits aren't as common.
Also when you right click an item on the bottom row of your inventory the option popup is off the screen.
Can't drag items around the inventory either.
1. What the..?
2. There's a invisible wall there that I can't pass through..
Suggestion: Pause button? I keep dying while alt+tabbing to post...
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Sekaru - 12-08-2012 04:40 AM
1) Strange, I'll try to reproduce that if I can.
2) For animals it's completely randomised so there isn't a set amount of chickens or bears.
3) I can drag and drop just fine.
4) Oops x2.
5) No idea why that exists but I'm currently rewriting the collision system which should fix it up.
EDIT: Woo! 2000 posts!
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - krisater - 12-08-2012 04:42 AM
(12-08-2012 04:40 AM)Sekaru Wrote: 5) No idea why that exists but I'm currently rewriting the collision system which should fix it up.
So I just figured out that I can walk through the walls in the dungeon and walk on the darkness. Rewriting the collision system will fix this, correct?
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - Sekaru - 12-08-2012 04:44 AM
Pretty much. I mean I could've written a system to stop you going into the darkness, it wouldn't have been that hard but I rather do all the new collision stuff in one go.
RE: [Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 6 - krisater - 12-08-2012 04:49 AM
So I just crashed trying to kill a scorpion in the desert-themed dungeon and now my world is completely different. It's not my old world anymore o_o. Either that or my spawn point somehow changed. My old world did save because I saw plenty of blue saving world messages before.
Just a thought: Can dungeon holes spawn on top of your spawn point?