[Nightly] 0.5.0 Nightly 1
31-07-2012, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2012 09:59 PM by Relly.)
Download:

[Image: nightly1small.png]

Changelog:

# FIXES
- Fixed the daynight cycle not advancing whilst in a dungeon/house.
- Smoother walking.
- Fixed tree stacking.

# CHANGES
- Hunger depending on your world's mode is now taken after a day passes.
- Removed diagonal movement.
- Removed the need for misc.cwl and items.cwl files.
- Increased the day night cycle to last exactly 20 minutes.

# ADDITIONS
- Multiplayer!
- Chatbox.
- Added back buttons to the mode select, world select and world creation menus.
- Proper item dropping (can now be seen on the ground).

Please report all bugs in this post!

Professional code monkey.
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Ok, so not really sure if this is a glitch or not. But when attacked (even if only once) you bleed out till you die. Also not really sure if it's a glitch but when my energy drops below 75% I start dying.

[Image: CFXSig3-1.png]
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Question, when the game prompts you for a username and password in Multiplayer is that data collected and stored on the hoster's computer? Same with the character data, or is it deleted after the server restarts or stops?

Btw, I spawned a new world and I was stuck in a tree. Couldn't walk haha. Just wanted to put that out there.

Another note, after restarting my server I attempted to log in on my own server with the account I previously logged in as and my server just crashes. In the game it says the account is already logged in.
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
(01-08-2012 05:28 PM)crossfirex Wrote:  Ok, so not really sure if this is a glitch or not. But when attacked (even if only once) you bleed out till you die. Also not really sure if it's a glitch but when my energy drops below 75% I start dying.

The chance to bleed is too high, I'll go balance it a bit more. The energy thing is just a coincidence.

(01-08-2012 10:57 PM)krisater Wrote:  Question, when the game prompts you for a username and password in Multiplayer is that data collected and stored on the hoster's computer? Same with the character data, or is it deleted after the server restarts or stops?

Btw, I spawned a new world and I was stuck in a tree. Couldn't walk haha. Just wanted to put that out there.

Another note, after restarting my server I attempted to log in on my own server with the account I previously logged in as and my server just crashes. In the game it says the account is already logged in.

1) It's saved on the hosters computer in a binary file (pretty much un-editable).
2) Collision is broken. I'll fix it in the next next Nightly.
3) Noted, I'll go fix that.

02-08-2012, 05:04 AM
We're not able to progress through the game yet, correct? The only thing I am capable of doing is kill or get killed. Maybe I'm just slow. Haha
02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Naw that's all there really is for now Grin the artists (including myself) are working on the tier'd tools and weapons, once the engine is stable all we will have to do is plug it in. We encourage you to play and try and find as many bugs as possible, thanks for your help thus far Smile

[Image: 213m1km.png]
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah I'm concentrating on getting multiplayer to where singleplayer is. Once thats done I'll move on to crafting.

02-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Ok, I just really thought it was weird about the bleeding. And since bleeding doesn't stop over time that can really be a game killer.

I also notice the world is very small and I fell off "The edge of the world" many times. It keeps telling me to place a ladder, but I can't xD I'm guessing you just haven't gotten to building the world up more yet.

[Image: CFXSig3-1.png]
02-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Well that's how real life works, doesn't stop till you die Tongue. You will be able to make medicines and bandages and all that so don't worry, you can stop it.

I increased the world's size five fold today. It's now 6500 pixels wide (instead of 1300). The problem I'm trying to fix up is making the server send it faster but I think I can solve that before tonight Tongue.

02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
(02-08-2012 08:20 AM)G0L3M Wrote:  Naw that's all there really is for now Grin the artists (including myself) are working on the tier'd tools and weapons, once the engine is stable all we will have to do is plug it in. We encourage you to play and try and find as many bugs as possible, thanks for your help thus far Smile

Oh! Okay, cool. Now you're getting me excited! Haha.

One thing that's been peeving me while is that you walk really slow. Maybe there will be some type of equipment or perk of some, or maybe there won't, but for now that's one of my "complaints". Tongue

Oh and I'd like to say I love the style and feel Crawle has come out to be, it reminds me of all the old school games I'd ponder with in my early years.. ahh the nostalgia! Grin

Bug 1: When you kill the people near the houses they die and their corpses only show part of the head and left shoulder.
Bug 2: When entering houses the furniture (chairs, table, and rug) are scattered randomly. I've once seen a chair on top of the table.
Bug 3: When you bring a dead animal inside of a house and place it, it's invisible. You can still pick it up and skin it but it's unable to be seen.
Bug 3: After editing my settings, I went back in game and the bottom Thirst, Hunger, etc. bars were off my screen, so were the inventory and equipment HUDs.
Bug 4: In MP (Multiplayer) you're unable to move unless you press enter and type something.
Bug 5: In MP you're unable to kill anything.
Questions: 1. Are you only able to get Yellow Straw Hats and Fish Baits from the baskets? 2. Is it intentional that you are able to pick up corpses from ridiculous distances?
Suggestions: 1. Maybe there could be a timer for the day and night cycles. Or maybe a clock that's only in the houses and the only way to keep track of time outside of the houses would be with a watch of some sort. 2. Random diseases are quite.. well random! Maybe there could be a way to actually see the disease as a cloud or something.

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)